Monday, February 2, 2009

Its me v the rest

I vividly remember that it was because of Mahesh bhupathi that I got hooked into tennis but since he would never reach in formidable ground at international grand slam, my focus changed to international players. And so the first one I got hooked to was andy roddik. I guess it was a wimby final and fedex had beaten him in straight sets. And my heart moved on. Not because andy lost but he absolutely dint show any zeal to win. It was at that time that I became an avid admirer to this Spanish guy…Rafael nadal. People call him through different names rafa being a favourite, but for me it has always been naddy. Its been nice two- three years of being his fan. I could never become a roger fan and there is absolutely no reason for it since he is perhaps one of the greatest players the tennis history has seen. Roger shows the shadow of how tennis is supreme. His fore hand is marvelous. But what is amazing about this guy is his determination to win. Naddy has been working hard and hard. It was, as every body knew impossible to beat him on clay but no one would have ever expected him to grab a wimby title. Ah…what a match it was… unfortunately I was in an idiotic train and I could’nt see it but thanxs to you tube I finally did. I am very emotional towards nadals game. I am fixated and I have to seen all his matches. I think I saw all the US open matches of 2008 but could’nt see the final where naddy lost. I started to believe that it was me…but when my baby became the number one player man I was so proud.
Sadly non in my family supports nadal. And all are for fedex. So im always seen fighting.
I don’t know till when will he be a number one and I honestly hope for a long time to come….but still my heart will always be for - NADDY

No comments: